- August 9, 2015
- Posted by: cbaylis
- Category: Resources
I am often asked by my colleagues, clients and total strangers which blogs I like to read and so I thought I would put together a list of my favourite blogs along with links to their sites. My preference is for blogs that provide good content, comic relief and tips and tricks that I can implement right away.
If you are looking for blogs on cause marketing and sponsorship, you won’t find them on this list! What you will find, however, are some of the sharpest minds in the sector sharing principles that can be applied to every type of fundraising.
Fundraising Ideas, Insights and Wisdom…Just a Click Away
Take a look at my list below, check out the blogs and leave me your favourites in the comments below!
- #fundchat: A Resource for Nonprofit, Fundraising & Marketing Professionals
- Agents of Good: Agents of Good is, at its heart, an idea. The idea is that we (you and me) are all Agents of Good. We work tirelessly day after day to make a difference.
- What Gives Philanthropy?: What Gives Philanthropy is Maeve’s attempt to link together her many passions – philanthropy, fundraising, digital media, and writing.
- Fundraiser Grrl: One grrl’s cheeky observations about life in fundraising.
- Colludo: In 2013, Sheena decided she needed to do more to help nonprofits & social entrepreneurs communicate their missions. She started Colludo with the hope of sharing her love of simple, powerful communications, and the desire to have fun while doing good.
- Pamela Grow: Nonprofit fundraising solutions for small nonprofits
- Fired-Up Fundraising with Gail Perry: We help nonprofits of every size grow their fundraising as fast as possible.
- Future Fundraising Now: All the best stuff for fundraising professionals who want to get it right.
- Agitator: Nonprofit Fundraising & Marketing Strategies, Trends, Tips…with an edge
- Ahern Donor Communications: Tom Ahern is considered one of the world’s top authorities on how to increase revenue through donor communications
- Fundraising Coach: Free fundraising articles to help you learn how to ask for money, write effective fundraising letters, and use social media tools like Twitter.
- Classy: Best practices, tips & fundraising ideas for nonprofits
- Bloomerang: The Bloomerang blog publishes Insights, updates, and articles for nonprofits and fundraising professionals.
- npENGAGE: Social Media, Internet Marketing, and Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations
- AFP Toronto Blog: Blog of the Association of Fundraising Professionals Greater Toronto Chapter
- John Haydon: Helping nonprofits change the world with smarter marketing and fundraising
- The Storytelling Non-Profit: The Story Telling Non-Profit is not just a name. It’s a vision and hope for the sector….
- Change Fundraising: Helping Good Charities Do Better Fundraising…
- Nonprofit With Balls: Gloves off fundraising blog
- Passionate Giving Blog: At Veritus Group, we are all about changing the world.
- Michael Rosen Says…: Thoughts from the author of “Donor-Centered Planned Gift Marketing”
- Hilborn: Information, research and resources for fundraisers and their leaders
- Canadian Charity Law: CanadianCharityLaw.ca is project of the law firm Blumberg Segal LLP (Blumbergs), which is based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Blumbergs provides legal services and advice to non-profits and charities that are operating in Canada
Since publishing this post I have had a flood of comments and suggestions and am pleased to offer these new suggested blog posts!
24. Fearless Fundraising: Master the inner game of deeper relationships and bigger gifts with the Fearless Fundraising newsletter
25. Wild Woman Fundraising: Full service fundraising coach and blog
26. SOFII: Showcase of fundraising innovation and inspiration
27. Clairification: Claire’s approach is a rare blend of experience-based common sense gleaned from 30 years of senior management in the trenches
28. Hands-on Fundraising: Non-profit consultant with a near nerdy interest in individual giving.
I read these blogs every week, sometimes every day but I’m always looking for new blogs to read so if I’m missing something…let me know in the comments!
Chris Baylis is a sponsorship and corporate fundraising specialist. Chris has managed the entire spectrum of the sponsorship process, raising millions of dollars for charities, associations and not for profits and is a board member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.