- June 15, 2017
- Posted by: cbaylis
- Category: Asset Development, Asset Valuation, Cause Sponsorship, Sponsor Summit, Sponsorship, Sponsorship Activation, Sponsorship Fulfillment, Sponsorship Inventory, Sponsorship Packages, Sponsorship Prospecting, Sponsorship Recruiting, Sponsorship Sales, Sponsorship Valuation
Our sector has an outright obsession with the sponsorship package! Of course, sponsorship packages have their place and play a role in sponsorship sales, and I’ve written about the subject extensively here.
If you find yourself focused on building the perfect sponsorship deck before you start talking to sponsors, you’re in big trouble.
Here are 27 things you can do right now to move the needle on your sponsorship program, none of which require you to wait for final approval on your sponsorship deck!
- Create 5 “out of the box” activation ideas that you know your audience will love and offer them to your current sponsors!
- Update your valuation calculator to include an ROI calculator
- Stop thinking “philanthropy” and start thinking about the power of your audience
- Schedule your first Business Breakfast
- Start doing the Friday Five this week
- Create a fulfillment report template for your organization
- Schedule a follow up meeting after your next event and ask your sponsors for feedback
- Run an inventory building workshop for your team
- Make friends before you need them! Go for coffee with your prospects and ask them for nothing at all
- Conduct a valuation of your assets
- Make a list of the objections you hear most often from your prospects and find a solution (not a better pitch…an actual solution!)
- Survey you audience and stop guessing at who they are
- Book five discovery sessions with your prospects
- Invite your boss to a discovery session
- Hold a sponsor summit
- Do some prospect research and then research some more
- Run an education session for your board of directors
- Identify 50 sponsorship assets that do NOT require logo placement
- Write and send 10 emails to 10 prospects using no more than 3 sentences
- Go to a meeting with nothing in your hands and when you leave, don’t leave them with anything
- Define and research your competitors
- Schedule your cold calls first thing in the morning
- Set up a sales tracker using no more than 7 stages
- Define your social media followers
- Create an activation template for your team
- Educate yourself on current sponsorship trends
- Join our LinkedIn group and connect with other people just like you
Chris Baylis is an expert in sponsorship valuation and sponsorship strategy. Chris works with brands and sponsorship properties to define their sponsorship goals, determine market value of their sponsorship assets and create strategies that work.
Chris is the President and CEO of The Sponsorship Collective, a board member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals and an international speaker and consultant on all things sponsorship marketing.