Chris is the President and CEO of The Sponsorship Collective and a self-confessed sponsorship geek.
After several years as a sponsor (that’s right, the one investing the money!) Chris decided to cross over to the sponsorship sales side where he has personally closed tens of millions of dollars in sponsorship deals. Chris has been on the front lines of multi-million dollar sponsorship agreements and has built and coached teams to do the same.
Chris launched The Sponsorship Collective with one goal in mind:
To build best-in-class sponsorship programs for his clients
Chris now spends his time working with clients to value their assets and build strategies that drive sales. An accomplished speaker and international consultant, Chris has helped his clients raise millions in sponsorship dollars.
Practical Training Based on Real World Experience…
and a few jokes thrown in for good measure
Chris has an engaging style and the ability to take tough (even boring!) topics and make them fun. Chris has delivered talks ranging in size from small group breakout sessions, full day training session to plenary talks.
Current speaking Topics
Here are the topics currently available for plenary and breakout sessions. Reach out and let us know more about your event, audience and goals so that we can recommend the most appropriate topic.
The Making of a Million Dollar Sponsor: 5 Steps to Major, Multiyear Partnerships
In this session we are going to take a case study approach to this behind the scenes look at exactly what was required to close over $10 million in sponsorship sales over the last two years.
You will see exactly what sponsors want…and what they don’t. You will learn the formula we used to negotiate each sponsorship deal along with a highly systematic approach that has been tested on the front lines of sponsorship sales.
Valuation Secrets Revealed
In this session you will learn exactly how to value every asset you have to offer and how to find your unique market value. You will also receive a full year of unlimited access to our cloud-based valuation tool, giving you access to your value along with a fulfillment calculator tool.
Together we will cover:
- Building a strong inventory of assets
- How to determine the value of every one of those assets
- The cost of things like logos on signs, e-mails, speaking opportunities, samples etc.
- Understanding the difference between tangible and intangible assets
- A simple technique to value social media assets
- What to charge for those items that seemingly have no independent market value
- A full walkthrough of our cloud-based valuation tool
Sponsorship Packages that Actually Work
Are you tired of sending out sponsorship packages and hearing nothing back?
Are you sure you have a good opportunity but don’t know how to communicate it to your prospects?
In this session we will look at the best practices of great (and not so great) sponsorship packages. You will learn exactly what sponsors want to see in a sponsorship package and how to stand out from the crowd.
In this session we will cover:
- The major mistakes that everyone is making
- How to keep from having your proposal thrown in the garbage
- Why online forms are the kiss of death and how to get around them
- Exactly what to include in your packages and what to avoid
- How to convince your boss and board to do things differently
- How to describe your audience and your opportunity in ways that sponsors love
- The real reason to create a sponsorship package and the right time to use it
The Sponsorship Prospecting Masterclass
Do you struggle to find the right contact within an organization?
Once you’ve found them, do you find it hard to cut through the noise?
Do you wonder what to say once you’ve secured the meeting?
Then this session is for you!
You will learn how to:
- Find your perfect prospect
- Get them to take your call
- Get the meeting
- Run a successful sales meeting
- Get referrals from the first meeting
- Run a discovery session designed to lead to a sale
- Overcome objections
The New Rules of Sponsorship Sales
Sponsorship is evolving and many organizations are struggling to keep up with the pace of change while balancing all of their responsibilities. Sponsorship is becoming more complex, nuanced and demanding all the while, sponsorship spending continues to grow.