This product has been designed to help you overcome all of the obstacles holding back your sponsorship sales.
If you find yourself asking any of the following questions, then The Turnkey Sponsorship Solution will help you bring in more sponsorship dollars…guaranteed!
- How do I find the time to engage sponsors and balance sales with all of my other duties?
- How much should I charge in my sponsorship packages?
- Which companies are likely to be interested in what I have to offer?
- How do I get in front of the right people…and what do I say to them when we finally connect?
- How do I prove return on investment to my sponsors?
- What should I put in my initial proposal?
- How do I get internal buy in and engage my boss (or board or colleagues) in the process?
The Turnkey Sponsorship Solution is designed to answer all of these questions, give you everything you need to speak the language of your prospects and close more sponsorship sales.
Who is The Sponsorship Collective’s Turnkey Sponsorship Solution for?
This product was designed with charities, municipalities, not for profits, associations, hospitals and education institutions in mind and is ideally suited for the following:
- Fundraising events
- Conferences and education events
- Peer to Peer events
- Program sponsorship
- Walks, runs and other community style events
- Naming rights
- Complex activations
- Cause marketing campaigns
If you are struggling to sell sponsorship, aren’t sure how much to charge, struggling to find the time to engage in best practice sponsorship…let’s talk!
Here’s How It Works
We have streamlined this process to bring you the most effective valuation and strategy product on the market today. This process is comprehensive and designed to give you everything you need, from start to finish, to launch your sponsorship program, connect with prospects, make the sale and renew your sponsors every year.
The Turnkey Sponsorship Solution is a 9-stage program but don’t worry, we do all of the heavy lifting for you! Once you’ve selected a “sponsorship property” (the event, gala, conference, naming opportunity etc. that you hope to raise money for) we take you through each stage, listed below:
Determining What You Have to Offer Sponsors
We know what sponsors are looking for and will help you build a large and attractive inventory of assets to offer your sponsors (from logo placement to speaking engagements to product placement…and everything in between).
This stage includes:
- Review of what you currently offer sponsors (from logo placement to speaking opportunities and everything in between)
- Competitor research to identify what the market is offering sponsors in your specific area
- Growing your inventory to include more of what sponsors are looking for
- Onboarding session along with activation training in order to get your team up to speed and working with sponsors immediately
Determining Your Unique Value
Valuation, or how much to charge sponsors, is one of the most confusing elements of the sponsorship process. Once we’ve developed your inventory, we will do a complete valuation of everything you have to offer!
This stage includes:
- Researching and applying a value to every single asset in your inventory
- Determining how much your organization’s reputation, mission and brand is worth and what you can charge sponsors for the right to work with you
How much is a logo on a sign, or a Facebook post really worth? That’s what this stage is designed to tell you. You won’t have to guess at your value anymore, once we’re done you will be able to ask your sponsors with confidence, without fear that you’ve guessed wrong.
Understanding Your Audience
Your audience is the key to your sponsorship program. Sponsors want to know exactly who you have access to, who cares about your organization and who you can help your sponsors connect to. Experience tells us that sponsors consider audience data the single most important element of a sponsorship investment yet it continues to be the least explored element by most properties.
In this stage, we focus on understanding:
- Who is your primary audience?
- Why should sponsors care about your audience?
- What does your audience want from a sponsor?
- Will your audience embrace sponsorship or will they find it inappropriate?
- What types of sponsors are the right fit for your audience?
- How can you use this data to connect with sponsors?
Activation Creation and Training
The days of logo placement as the sole strategy for sponsorship sales are long gone. Sponsors now require more involved activation ideas to truly leverage the power of sponsorship. Furthermore, audiences have grown more savvy and cynical and no longer respond to simple branding as the key vehicle for sponsorship.
During this stage we will develop activation for each property and will lead a training session to teach your team how to create these ideas on an ongoing basis, how to use activation ideas to prospect, open doors and close deals with sponsors.
A sound activation strategy is the best way to stand out in the highly competitive world of sponsorship sales.
How to Get in Front of the Right People
One of the most challenging aspects of sponsorship sales is getting in front of the right people and knowing what to say when you finally get that meeting. Finding the time to prospect is a real challenge and that’s why his stage focuses on answering the following questions:
- Which sponsors are most active in my space?
- Which companies care about my audience and my cause or mission?
- How many companies are there who would have an interest in my opportunity?
- Who are my prospects currently working with?
- Who are my competitors successfully getting sponsorship dollars from?
We will identify up to 100 prospective companies active in your space along with a strategy to get them to take your call and teach you what to say once they do. We will then complete one round of detailed research for up to 10 of your best prospects.
Sponsorship Proposal Audit
We will review and audit one sponsorship package per property to give you direct and honest feedback along with actionable steps to take in order to make your sponsorship pitch deck best in class. All of our audits are recorded and provided to the customer with the final package.
This stage is designed to answer the following question:
- What do sponsors want to see in my pitch deck?
- Which assets should I include?
- Do I include levels? Prices? Direct asks?
- How do I incorporate the lessons from The Turnkey Sponsorship Solution into my pitch deck?
Strategy, Training and Templates
The final stage of The Turnkey Sponsorship Solution is designed to get you up and running as quickly as possible. All of the stages come together in a comprehensive report outlining the opportunity and, most importantly, show you how to raise more sponsorship dollars. You will be able to implement the learnings as soon as the final session ends, guaranteed.
This stage includes:
- A final report of our findings that can be shared internally to get everyone on the same page
- A sponsorship sales strategy which will tell you exactly what to do (and when), how to engage board members and get internal buy in, how to get the meeting with sponsors and what to say once you finally get that meeting
- A fulfillment report and sponsorship agreement template
- A Final training session where we will show you everything we discovered, how to implement it and key steps for you and your team
In other words, we will show you exactly what to do and when. We will give you the tools you need to move a sponsor from prospect to sale and show you how to combine steps in order to balance the demands of sponsorship with your daily responsibilities.
Ongoing Coaching and Education
All of our Turnkey Sponsorship Solution customers receive up to three passes to The Sponsorship Academy, our online training program. Not only that, but you will receive 6 months of group coaching with other Turnkey Sponsorship Solution customers and Academy members.
30 Day Check in and Calculator Refresh
We will deliver a final report and strategy that is market ready as of the last session but what we realize is that you still have needs after the final session. In order to ensure that you are in a position to get the most out of this process, we include a check in 30 days after we deliver our final report. We will meet for one hour by phone or webinar to review any questions and feedback from sponsors.
“I can’t say enough great things about The Sponsorship Collective. They can scale their experience up for bigger organizations and down for groups with smaller events. It’s win-win-win: your organization raises more money, your event participants have a blast and keep coming back, your sponsors can make a strong business case for supporting your event.”
Cathy Mann & Associates Inc.
“The personalized training they offered my team was invaluable and key to our success. I would highly recommend The Sponsorship Collective if you are looking to launch a sponsorship program!”
Liz Burgess, Director, Corporate and Community Engagement
“The Sponsorship Collective’s laser-sharp focus on sponsorship benefits charities and the sponsors who support them by increasing revenue, awareness and ROI.”
Bernie Forestell, Director, Partnerships and Member Services
Consumer Health Products Canada
“What astounds me about The Sponsorship Collective is their ability to tap into what sponsors really want so that they both the sponsorship seeker and the company come out with a very happy partnership. They are experts at developing packages that leave nothing on the table.”
Mena Gainpaulsingh, President & CEO
Purposeful Fundraising Inc
How Long Does The Process Take?
The process, from start to finish, takes 8 weeks depending on how many properties are selected. Aside from two training sessions and a mid-point check in, there is very little extra work for you (leaving you to keep on selling sponsorship, running your shop and putting out fires).
The Turnkey Sponsorship Solution has been streamlined to move as quickly as possible, without creating a burden for you or your team.
We charge on a per property basis, letting you pick which event or program you’d like to focus on. You can add properties at the start of the project for a discounted rate or pick your most pressing need and take it from there.