Effective Date: November 1, 2021
Privacy Notice Highlights
This Privacy Notice applies to customer information that The Sponsorship Collective Inc. collects through this website sponsorshipcollective.com. Below are highlights of our personal information handling practices.
1. Information We Collect
We collect your information from the following sources:
• information you give us when you fill out forms, such as credit card purchases, registering for an account, customer service inquiries, and surveys;
• information from other sources, such as companies that help us to update our records; and
• information that we collect automatically when you visit our website, such as information about your browser settings and other information collected through cookies.
2. How We Use and Disclose Your Information
• We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
• We use your information to provide products and services and to manage our business operations. For example, we use your information in order to provide you services, answer your inquiries, authenticate you when you sign into online services, prevent loss and fraud, and analyze our business operations and website performance.
• We combine all the information we collect other than information relating to your browsing history.
• We share information with our affiliates who may be outside of Canada and may be subject to laws that are different from those in Canada.
• We use third parties to assist us in our operations. We may share your information with these third parties in order to provide services to you such as membership discounts or shipping.
3. Your Choices
3.1 You may change your communication preferences with respect to e-mail newsletters and notifications of special offers and products at any time by notifying us in writing to email@example.com
3.2 You may also close your account if you want to withdraw your consent from our further use of your information. We may, however, retain information about your previous transactions for audit purposes, to ensure the integrity of our data and to fulfill legal requirements.
4. How to Contact Us
If you have a privacy question or concern, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In this Privacy Statement, the terms “we”, “our” and “us” mean The Sponsorship Collective Inc. (“The Sponsorship Collective”) This Privacy Statement governs our practices with respect to personal information we collect through this website, sponsorshipcollective.com (the “Website”).
We know that sharing your personal information with us is a big decision based on trust. We take this seriously and are committed to respecting your privacy when you visit the Website or use our services. Please review this Privacy Statement carefully to learn about our privacy practices and how your personal information is handled by us.
We operate a service that seeks to educate and support the sponsorship industry (collectively referred to as our “Services”).
By visiting our Website, whether on a computer, phone, tablet or similar device (these are all referred to as a “Device”), you are accepting the practices described below.
If you have a data privacy request, such as a request to access or delete your data, or have questions or concerns regarding our privacy practices, you can contact our Privacy Officer at:
The Sponsorship Collective Privacy Officer
900 Lady Ellen Pl suite 205, Ottawa, ON K1Z 5L5
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Personal information is information that identifies you or could be combined by us or our service providers and affiliates with other information to identify you. This information includes your name, personal e-mail address, your home address, your home telephone number, your personal cellphone number, your occupation, place of work, your education and work history, your image, and may include your age, your income and other similar information when associated with you. Personal information may also be information containing details as to whether you have opened our promotional e-mails or how you have used our website, if we can associate that personal information with you. Business contact information such as your name, title, business address, telephone number or email addresses that is collected, used or disclosed solely for the purpose of communicating with you in relation to your employment or profession is generally not consideration personal information.
We collect personal information from you to provide a personalized and relevant experience. Certain information is collected directly from you while other information is automatically collected. We also collect information from different sources, including affiliated entities, business parties, suppliers, service providers, and other independent third parties. When you access our Services by clickling a link from a third-party site or when you visit third-party sites through links on our Website, those sites may share information about you with us. Information we collect may include the following:
• Contact information, including your name, phone number, address and email address;
• Financial information, including payment or billing information, your credit card number, authentication code or billing address;
• Your username and password when you set up your account with us;
• Geolocation information;
• Device information, such as information about the Device you used to access our Site and when (eg. IP address, web browser used, your operating system, browser language settings, which site you came from, searched keywords, and unique Device identifiers and advertising identifiers);
• Online activity on our Website such as pages you visited and content you reviewed;
• Your social media information, e.g., if you access the Services through a third-party connection or log-in, we may have access to information you provide to that social network such as your name, email address, friend list, photo, gender, location, and current city; and information you provide to us directly through our pages on social networking and blogging platforms;
• User-generated content such as your preferences provided through surveys, reviews you leave for suppliers, opinions, feedback, testimonials you provide us with and other personal information you provide to us about yourself or others when engaging in these activities (“User Content”);
• Any other login information to social media accounts that you linked to your The Sponsorship Collective Account;
• Any communications you exchange with our team related to your use of the Website and the Services; and
• Any other information you directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services and Website.
We may also receive personal information about you from other sources. For example, we will receive information from credit card processors regarding whether the credit card details you gave us have been accepted or declined. We may also acquire information about you from other promotional or marketing companies with whom you shared your information and whom you have allowed to provide information to us.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your information to provide the Services and to manage our business operations. Some examples include:
• to register your Account;
• to authenticate you when you log into your Account;
• to fulfill your requests for products and subscription services;
• to communicate with you about your requests and/or complaints;
• to administer contests and promotions that you participate in;
• to conduct research and analytics about how you use and interact with our Website;
• to recommend or to offer you other products and services based on your inferred interests;
• to improve our services and provide new ones;
• to post your information and reviews to our Users;
• to register you for events;
• to communicate with you;
• to investigate and resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
• to prevent potentially prohibited and unlawful activities;
• to investigate fraud, protect our legal rights and to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use; and
• to protect the security or integrity of our Sites and our business.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Information?
We retain your personal information for as long as it is required to maintain your membership or perform the purpose for which it was originally submitted. Unnecessary personal information will be deleted after 18 months and otherwise securely destroyed when it is no longer needed, except for whatever record may be required by law, for the management and resolution of disputes of Users or finally for our legitimate business interests (namely fraud prevention, safety and security).
As well, we may retain your information for the duration of any period necessary to establish, exercise or defend any legal rights.
Personalized Offers and Web Analytics
We also automatically collect information when you visit our Website in order to customize your experience. For example, we collect information about what site referred you to our Website, your browser type, operating system type and version, language, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. We also collect information about how you browse through our Website, including logging the pages you visit and the amount of time you spend on certain pages. We use this information for a number of technical purposes to ensure that our pages load correctly in your browser, as well as to personalize our offers to you. We also use this information to improve our Website. For example:
• we use IP addresses to correct pages for your geographical location;
• we log the frequency of visits to certain pages on our Website and how visitors navigate through our Website in order to detect problems, improve our Website and learn about what products and services are of interest to our customers;
• we use information about products that you have clicked on to make suggestions about other products or services that you might be interested in viewing; and
• we track whether certain types of promotional e-mails were opened by you and whether you sought information about a particular product or service in order to make inferences about other products and services you might be interested in.
Online Advertising: Interest-Based Advertising
The Website may integrate third-party advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of relevant content and advertising on the Services, as well as on other websites you visit and other applications you use. These ads may be based on many factors such as the content of the pages you visit, your searches, demographic data, user-generated content, and other information we collect from you. These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and across other websites and online services and may be tailored to your interests.
Third parties, whose products or services are accessible or advertised via the Website, may also place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device to collect information about you as discussed above. We also allow other third parties (e.g., ad networks and ad servers such as Google and others) to serve tailored ads to you on the Website, other sites, and in other applications, and to access their own cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device you use to access the Website. We sometimes provide our customer information (such as email addresses) to service providers, who may “match” this information in de-identified form to cookies (or mobile ad identifiers) and other proprietary IDs, in order to provide you with more relevant ads when you visit other websites and mobile applications.
Please note that if you exercise the opt out choices above, you will still see advertising when you use the Website, but it will not be tailored to you based on your online behavior over time.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our website for online advertising and analytics purposes, and that is why we provide the variety of opt-out mechanisms listed above. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals. Learn more about Do Not Track.
Regarding Children and Minors
Our Website and the services offered on our Website are directed towards individuals that are the age of majority in Canada or their applicable jurisdiction, whichever is greater. We will not knowingly collect personal information about minors.
We do not allow minors (persons who are under the age of majority in their place of residence) to create accounts, make purchases or enter contests or promotions.
Do We Share and Disclose Your Personal Information to Others?
To provide some of the Services on our Website, we may need to share your information with other third parties, including our affiliates, in the following cases:
• Our Affiliates: We may share information collected from you within our group of affiliated companies to deliver products and services to you, to consistently deliver a quality service across our products, and to enhance our products, services and your experience on the Website.
• Service Providers that perform services for us: We may share information with various service providers who perform different services for us, such as marketing, data analysis, research, technical support and customer service, data storage, security, fraud prevention, accounting services, payment processing, sales, billing, and legal services providers.
• Business Partners: We may share information about you, your Devices and your use of our Services with our trusted business partners. For example, we may share information so that we can provide you with relevant content or to facilitate payment for products or services you may purchase on the websites of our partners. This sharing is generally pursuant to written agreements which include confidentiality, privacy and security obligations; however, please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
• Payment Processing Services: We may require credit card information to take payment from you, in which case your payment information will be shared with our third-party payment processors and other third-party service providers (eg. fraud detection and prevention services).
• Advertising Networks: As discussed in the “Online Advertising” Section above, the Website may integrate third-party advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of relevant content and advertising on the Website, as well as on other websites you visit and other applications you use, and these technologies will collect certain information from your use of the Services to assist in delivering such ads.
• Corporate Transactions: We may disclose or transfer your information to a third party if we sell, transfer, divest, or disclose all or a portion of our business or assets to another company in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction, or proceeding.
• To protect rights and property: We may disclose your information to third parties when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, our property, the integrity of the Website and Services, personal safety, or the interests of you or any other person, and to detect, prevent and/or otherwise address fraud, risk management, security or technical issues.
• Aggregate Information: We share aggregate statistical data for the improvement of our Services. We may also share aggregate or de-identified information with third parties at our discretion.
We require our service providers to keep your personal information secure. We also evaluate the privacy practices of all the service providers we use. All service providers we work with must agree to protect your personal information with at least the same level of protection that we do. In addition, our service providers may not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf unless we or they have obtained your consent.
Law Enforcement Requests
We will disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent if we receive an order, subpoena, warrant or other legal requirement issued by a court, tribunal, regulator or other person with jurisdiction to compel The Sponsorship Collective disclosure of your personal information. If we receive a request from a police officer or other law enforcement agency for access to your personal information in the course of an actual or potential investigation, our policy is to require the police officer or law enforcement agency to obtain an order, subpoena or warrant, unless the information is urgently required to prevent serious bodily injury or serious damage to personal property.
Storage Outside of Canada
Your personal information may be used or stored by us or our service providers outside of Canada. We require that our service providers use technical, administrative and technological safeguard your personal information. However, if your personal information is used or stored outside of Canada, it will also be subject to the laws of the country in which it is used or stored and may be accessible by law enforcement agencies in that country.
How Do You Access and Modify Your Personal Information or Make a Complaint?
If you have an account, log in to access and to modify the personal information stored with your account. If you have questions or concerns about other personal information collected by us and would like assistance accessing that information, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer at email@example.com
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We take administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, theft and misuse. This includes limiting access of employees to, and the use of, your personal information through the use of passwords and graduated levels of clearance. We do not publish all of our security measures online because this may reduce their effectiveness. We take physical precautions to ensure that the computer servers on which your personal information is stored and archived are secure and that access to such servers is protected. We educate our employees with respect to their obligations to protect your personal information and we require our affiliates and any third-party service providers to take comparable steps to ensure the protection of any of your personal information that is shared with them.
Although we take precautions against possible breaches of our security systems, no company can fully eliminate the risks of unauthorized access to your personal information and no website is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or breaches of our security systems will never occur. Accordingly, you should not transmit personal information to us using our website if you consider that information to be sensitive, or legally privileged.
Links to Third-Party Websites and Social Network Plug-Ins
You may be able to access third-party websites through links available on our websites. You may also connect to social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin. These links are provided for your convenience. We do not have any control over those third-party websites and we do not provide any guarantee that the privacy practices of the hosts of those websites meet our standards. Your use of such third-party websites is at your own risk and will be governed by the privacy policies of those websites and not by this Privacy Statement. Do not transmit personal information using those websites without reading the privacy policies governing those websites.
You may create links between our website and social networking sites. If you do so, we may be able to publish updates about our products and services to your social network account through the links that you establish. You may terminate those links at any time by modifying your social network account.
If you are logged into a social networking site when visiting our page, your visit to our website will be personalized based on your social networking profile.
Notice to Persons Outside of Canada
This Privacy Statement is governed by the laws of Canada and the Province of Ontario. By submitting personal information to us, you understand that your personal information will be subject to the laws of Canada and Ontario.
In addition to any information that you choose to submit to us, we or selected third parties may use a variety of technologies that store or access information already stored on your personal computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone, or other electronic device whenever you visit or interact with our website.
The Information Collection Technologies
A few of the methods that may be used to store or access information already stored on your device include the following (and in the future other technology and methods may be developed and applied):
o Cookies — a cookie is a text file placed on a device when a user visits a website. Cookies can be temporary (e.g., session) or permanent (e.g., persistent). They can also be first party (e.g., placed by us) or third party (e.g., placed by a third party advertiser or advertisements server);
o Flash cookies — a Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file placed on your device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your device. This can operate across all your browsers;
o HTML5 — HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage and do not require a plug-in; and
o ETag or entity tag– an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL that acts as a form of device identifier.
Information About Why We Use These Technologies
We use the technologies above in order to deliver, measure, and improve our website in several ways, including:
1. Authentication and Security
1.1 to log you into your Account;
1.2 to protect your security;
1.3 to let you to view content with limited distribution; and
1.4 to help us detect and fight spam, abuse, and other activities that violate the Website Terms and Conditions.
For example, these technologies help authenticate your login information and prevent unauthorized parties from accessing your account. They also let us show you appropriate content through our services.
2.1 to remember information about your browser and your preferences;
For example, cookies help us remember your preferred language or the country that you are in. We can then provide you with content in your preferred language without having to ask you each time you visit the website.
3. Analytics and Research
3.1 To help us improve and understand how people use our services; and
3.2 to review the functionality of individual pages.
For example, we may optimize and improve your experience by using cookies to see how you interact with our services, such as when and how often you use them and what links you click on. We may use Google Analytics to assist us with this.
4. Personalized Content
4.1 To customize our services with more relevant content.
For example, local storage tells us your seniority in the legal profession, and allow us to suggest events and educational sessions that are more appropriate to your field and experience.
5.1 To help us deliver ads, measure their performance, and make them more relevant to you based on criteria like your preferences and visits to our ad partners’ websites.
Third-Party Collection of Information
We have provided you with information above about the types of third party information storage or gathering techniques on our website. This information does not apply to applications, technologies, or sites that are owned and/or operated by other parties (such as app developers, third party advertisers or third party ad servers), even if they use our technology to store or collect data. This includes third parties that embed our technology in their apps or advertisements to facilitate download tracking or advertisement serving.
Your Consent and Your Right to Refuse the Use of Information Collection Technologies
Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools that are available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some but not all instances can be blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options in this regard. These tools may not be effective with regard to Flash cookies or HTML5 cookies. For information on disabling Flash cookies go to Adobe’s website.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies some parts of our website and app will not work and that when you revisit our website and app your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations or your mobile device operating system.
Effective Date: November 1, 2021